CONSIDER: Trento Feburary 2nd-14th 2014
The second edition of the IP Consider will take place in Trento, Italy
The Department of Economics and Management (former Faculty of Economics) of Trento will host the IP. Read more about DEM.
Finland: University of Vaasa, France: University of Savoie, Germany: University of Kassel, Iceland: University of Iceland, Italy: University of Pavia, University of Trento, Hungary: BGF, Lithuany: Vilnius International Business School, the Netherlands: Hogeschool Utrecht, Spain: University of Leon, Swtizerland: HES SO
In 2014, students involved in the Consider intensive programme will develop a real international consumer survey (proposed by a real client), from the beginning to the end: questionnaire design, responses collection, data analysis and results presentation.
To support them, lectures and workshops are organized during the IP, aimed on the different aspects of the survey management process.
Introduction of the company and the research topic
Salomon was born in the French Alps in 1947. It is part of the Amer Sports Group (Finland).
Their passion for mountain sport progression, product development, quality, and craftsmanship drives them to create progressive gear to enable freedom and help their customers challenge themselves in the mountains. Salomon produces products for various sports markets, including trail running, hiking, climbing, adventure racing, skiing, and snowboarding in over 40 countries on five continents.
Research topic: Ski touring.
Ski touring is done on trails which are not maintained, and without any mechanical lifts to get up hills. Typically, skis,bindings, and boots allow for free movement of the heel to enable a walking pace, as in Nordic, and unlike in Alpine skiing.
Modules dedicated to international or cross-cultural marketing research are usually very important within the curricula of International Business or Marketing courses. Usually, in the Universities and the Schools of Business, these types of lectures remain at a very theoretical level and only deal with quantitative issues. The CONSIDER intensive programme would bring some major innovations such as:
- a concrete application based on more than 1.000 real responses to a real questionnaire about skiing behaviors and attitudes,
- a large international perspective since the survey is conducted in a dozen of European countries as well as in the USA and Canada
- a real mixed methodology combining qualitative and quantitative data collection,
Students involved in the CONSIDER intensive programme will develop a real international consumer survey (proposed by Salomon) from the beginning to the end: questionnaire design, responses collection (through the Internet), data analysis and results presentation.
To support them, some lectures and some workshops are organized during the IP. aimed on the different aspects of the survey management process. They also will be trained on the software “Sphinx iQ”, one of the European leading packages for survey administration
- 1st preparatory stage: October to January: desk research and e-mail contacts collection;
- 2nd stage: Intensive Programme in itself, from 2nd to 14th February 2014 in Trento (Italy). Lectures and workshops. Development of the survey. Social activities.
Desk researchs done by the students in their universities, during the months before the IP
- Ski touring in Austria - Trento
- Ski touring in Finland - Vaasa
- Ski touring in France - Savoie
- Ski touring in Germany - Kassel
- Ski touring in Iceland - Reyjavik
- Ski touring in Italy - Trento & Pavia
- Ski touring in the Netherlands - Utrecht
- Ski touring in Switzerland - HES SO Sierre
- Ski touring in Spain - Leon
- Ski touring in the USA - Vilnius
- Ski touring in Canada - BGF Budapest
Students worked in 15 heterogeneous teams, mixing genders and nationalities.